Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 21, 2004

It's Just History Repeating....

What did I tell yer? Pissing down rain, newly acquired dog and me in close proximity as the ritual of the evening walkies reintroduces itself into our my busy schedule. I forgot the 'pooper scooper' as well so while she deposited a healthy half a pound in the gutter, I had to keep watch in case some over-zealous environmental defender should spot this misdemeanour and hail a Peeler. I know it was wrong - and I also know I could've been fined a hell of a lot of money - it's just that I forgot the scooper and I certainly wasn't about to pick it up and stick it in my pocket was I?

Sorry people of my home town. It won't happen again.

It did make me think though. What's worse for your health? Rogue dog shit or passive smoking?




My bloody car wouldn't start this morning. Flat battery just like Andy. This evening (before the faecal incident) I found a set of jump leads I thought I'd discarded years ago. Within minutes I had it ticking over. "I'll take it for a run down the motorway and get the battery charged up a bit" I thought to myself as I wiped the engine crap that ingrains every whorl in your fingers from my person. I then remembered that rather than fill the tank up last Friday (last time I used the car - just before the wedding) I figured I'd do it over the weekend sometime. I forgot. I put it down to this aging organ in my head.

So. It needs a run to charge the battery but I have barely enough fuel to reach the petrol station. It's also dark therefore lights are needed, and it's also raining. Doh!

What follows is one of those how-do-I-end-up-in-situations-like-this moments. Wonderin' whether the bloody car will start after you've filled it up. Visions of trying to push and steer it off the forecourt all on your own, 'cos you can guarantee none of the 4 x 4 owners will lift a finger to help.

It all worked out OK in the end though, it started first time and off we shot half way down the M60 and back. I guess I'll find out in the morning whether that was enough or whether a new battery is called for.

Motoring eh?

No comments: