Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

The Beards Have All Grown Longer Overnight......



OK, the foot is most definitely through the TV screen. (See previuos posts).

[BBC Radio Five's Victoria Derbyshire]"David, *mutters under breath - I'm sure*, what role do you think you played in the successful bid?"

[Beckham] *Looks blank and thinks.....Clouds, rabbits, Tag Heur watches, Nobody loves me, NOBODY LOVES ME, MUST MAKE 'EM ALL LOVE ME..............

"A major one I hope, I mean it was a team effort but.........."

Are we still not allowed to lobotomise the poor, deluded fucker?

And, as for London getting the games....well....all I can say is......billions more pounds poured into the overheated economy of the South East. Regeneration of the East End? Well yes, up to a point Lord Copper, I'll guarantee they'll do a Compulsory Purchase Order on all the terraces that the "poor but happy" ethnic minorities live in, and replace this haven of the underclass with Seb Coe clones, sat in what we used to call Highrises, but we now have to call stuff like "a new approach to urban living for the young professional in the 21st century" They used to cost £25 a week in rent, but now cost £500,000 on account of the "view across the canal/river to the manufactories and sweatshops of that there London".

I really do hope it's a success...but, on the other hand.....it's in London, which is fuckin' miles away - both in distance and the projected ticket prices come 2012.

C'mon.............what's gonna attract me to the UK's dirtiest, most crime-ridden City? And, bear in mind that I've been there many, many times before.

All suggestions gratefully received.

No comments: