Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Sunshine's Better

It's been a John Martyn evening. A long trawl through Bless the Weather, Solid Air, One World, And, Sweet Little Mysteries and a few others have left me mellower than I was. With a guitar technique to kidnap for and a voice that slurs, slips and slides to find *that* note, it has always baffled me why he never made it to the 'top'.

"Where should you be going Johnny?"

"To the top."

"And where's that Johnny?"

"To the toppermost of the poppermost."

Mind you 35 years of hitting the bottle big time probably influenced the career trajectory of the now shambling genius amputee.

By 'eck that music's still gorgeous though petal.




Dearest, full of the enthusiasm that imminent Grannyhood sprinkles hither and thither, is downstairs attempting to knit something that, should it ever be finished, will - without question - be so big that our first grandchild will probably be around 5 or 6 before it will fit.

Dearest, it should be added, has no sewing/knitting/cross-stitching/darning skills whatsoever. I'll never forget when Youngest was still in thrall to the Cub movement. Proudly proffering his first badge for being good at something he asked Dearest to sew it on his Cub jersey. Dearest, bursting with pride, readily assented and set to. Half an hour later she proclaimed the task completed. Youngest came running across to his proud parent as she picked the garment up off her lap.

"What the hell's happening here.........."

She'd sewn the badge on beautifully.

She had also sewn the badge and jersey to her skirt.

I can't wait to see this cardigan she's knitting.




My Dad's operation is scheduled for next Tuesday. He has been told to phone up between 10:00am and 12:00pm next Monday to find out if there's a bed available. IF there's a bed available? If we weren't spending untold (and we'll never find out the exact amount)billions on shabby wars supporting the 'free world's' village idiot there could be beds a plenty.

Twats.

Still, I've just received my postal vote papers and, once I've deciphered the legal-speak explaining what to do, I'll be letting my feelings be known.

Sometimes Democracy feels good. Here's hoping Iraq acquires some semblance of it one day.

No comments: