Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft
Dearest and I are off this week so a trip to Manchester was on today's agenda. As is usual, the moment we arrived we split up. If there's one thing that familiarity has bred in us it's a healthy understanding that shopping together usually results in blood being spilled. (Mine more often than not).I headed off to Waterstones to cash in my Xmas book tokens. 3 for 2 offers wherever you looked so I grabbed a copy of Dylan's Chronicles and a few others and sauntered outside to listen to a jazzy duo in the spring sunshine that dappled St Ann's Square.
After half an hour or so I ambled down St Ann's Street towards Deansgate and stopped to look at the sporting and cinema-related
I stood staring at him - and him at me. I was thinking "I know this guy from somewhere". He was probably thinking "who's this fucking nutter and why's he staring at me as though he's about to say 'alright mate, how's it going, long time no see' or something". Then it hit me. It's Doctor fucking Who and here I am staring at him with a half smile playing about my lips. Luckily an old dear called him, although she didn't call him "Doctor" but "Chris". A bit over familiar when addressing a Time Lord I thought but then again he could have been lying low. He nodded at me as though acknowledging gratefully that I hadn't blown his cover and melted into the crowd arm in arm with his latest 'assistant'.
Must tell Youngest's Darlin' that I've met Christopher Ecclestone and his mam in the flesh. She'll be green with envy. She considers him to be serious eye-candy.
5 comments:
did he have a bog plunger with him?
Coz if he did, then he has either become a plumber .... or more likely just disarmed a Dalek.
And talking about Dr Who's assistants, I once danced with Elizabeth Sladen ... fit foil to John Pertwee.
did he have a bog plunger with him?
Coz if he did, then he has either become a plumber .... or more likely just disarmed a Dalek.
And talking about Dr Who's assistants, I once danced with Elizabeth Sladen ... fit foil to John Pertwee.
Anyone remember that Dr Who episode/series when at least four of them were in it? William Hatrnell, deff, Jon Pertwee I think. It was the one where the end credits kept rolling by saying "Dr Who played by..."
It became a running joke at my them home: "Dr Whoo.. played by Dr Whoo. Drhoo played by Dr Whoo," etc.
Where the lowlands Scots accent came from is anyone's guess.
It was bloody good though, wasn't it?
I used to think Elizabeth Sladen was 'top totty' when she was in Dr Who. You can keep that Billy bint, think I find Christopher Ecclestone more attractive than her !
"Sorry mum", said Chris, "I can't be your son any more. I'll get typecast."
Grrrrrrr.
Post a Comment