It's All Over Now
David Kelly. What the hell is going on here ? I mean, ok, he was a quiet, studious man who was not really used to the spotlight of modern-day tabloid newshounds. But, having said that, he was hard-boiled enough to become a world expert on the less salubrious nooks and crannies of the corridors of power. Not just the relatively safe corridors of Westminster either. Here was a man who frequently stuck his nose in places where most of Parliament would be frightened to death of even applying for visas for.
His colleagues and acquaintences have talked of a man who did more for his country and, significantly, the UN than all of the jumped-up "experts" on everything, who frequently pepper our screens with their "expert" opinion. All of it probably based on the reading of *proper* expert analysis from the likes of David Kelly.
So. Now comes the conjecture. Why ? Why ? Why would he commit suicide ? It's obvious that he was a man of considerable intellectual rigour; a man who could confront the harsh realities of the power games of modern states. Suicide ? Why ?
One thing's for certain. The Government thought it had done enough earlier in the week to deflect any calls for full enquiries into the Gilligan business. Not so any longer though. There's bound to be one now. Do you think that was his raison d'etre ? I don't know, but it makes more sense to me than a more prosaic explanation - such as depression, or an inabilty to deal with the public eye.
I know this much. The Government and the BBC, with their stupid little mind games, have - one way or the other - to shoulder the responsibilty for another life lost in the lies and subterfuge of the Iraq conflict.
Time to piss off Tony - you blew it. Go and pray to your Big-Man-Who-Lives-In-The-Sky. He'll look after you. As for me ? I'll just take responsibilty for MY OWN actions. Just like I always have done.
History won't absolve you Mr Blair. I think that, deep down, you and your *God* know it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment